Friday, January 11, 2008

No More Waterfall Trips



An hour before the sun set Jer and I decided to venture out and check out some waterfalls. This picture is of Susan Creek falls and was literally the scariest walk I have ever taken. Picture this.....In a mountain - all alone. And to make it worse; The trees here in Oregon are all covered in green, sticky, scary looking moss. Yep! That about sums it up. I was so afraid that a lion, tiger or bear was going to eat me! I made Jeremy carry a sharp stick, and I made noise the whole time to scare off any kind of wild beast.
After arriving at our destination it was raining and the sun had disappeared. It turned out to be quite the adventure, however you can see by the picture that Kylee was not having the time of her life.
(Don't ask me what is going on with my alphalfa bang??)

3 comments:

The Bucks said...

Brandon is jealous of where you live. You seem to have it all, mountains and ocean. I think next time there is an opening in your area he is going to apply for sure.

Michelle said...

You are such a crack up! I've been on that hike and ummm... let's just say I didn't feel quite as scared! The effect of the near darkness and the rain must have made the trees look more ominous. Yay for you getting out of your comfort zone and venturing off into the forest!

Cordie said...

I think I would have been so scared too! Good call with making loud noises!