Sunday, April 6, 2008

April Project

Well as you can see - this backyard was screaming for some help. So replacing our backyard has become our April project. Before...

Timber....With a little help from our friend Andy, an extension cord, and saw. Jeremy was able to chop down the huge ugly pine tree.


We got to dig out all the roots. NOT FUN! Who knew the roots were bigger than the tree? Go figure.

We had to rent a U-Haul for all the tree branches, bushes, and tree stumps (I dug out 10 tree stumps, all by myself) That's right...bionic women! :)

For Adult ears only...I love when Jeremy gets to use power tools. For some odd reason he feels like such a big man afterwards!!! So you can image after a weekend of tilling....Ahh never mind. We will keep you posted on the progress. Wish us luck.

13 comments:

ChaChaCha said...

Backyard's lookin' good! I know what you mean, my man uses power tools EVERYDAY!

Amanda said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!! Oh thank goodness for Power Tools!!! I am glad to hear they have the same effect for you two!! Ha ha ha...

Natalie said...

This is quite the ambitious project! I'm sure the neighbors greatly appreciate you lol

Jesse and Mindi said...

Hey woman, it looks good! That's really fuuny about the power tools, I won't ask how you ended your weekend, but I'll bet it was good! I love and miss ya!

Michelle said...

You guys just don't stop! I think it's great that you are improving your place so much. Keep it up!

Ashlee said...

Looks like fun...not! Men and their tools?! although at our house I fix everything!

Connor and Jana said...

You guys are such hard workers! I bet it is going to look so good when you get it done! I am surprised the Oregonians let you cut down that beautiful pine tree;)

Karen said...

very impressive. it looks good

Familia Forsloff said...

Backyard looks pretty good...but not NEARLY as good as your beautifully done baseboards;)

The Parks Fam said...

Could you send Jeremy our way to do our yard, then maybe let Casey borrow his power tools??!! Haha!! Good luck with this project....We are in the exact same boat right now. We sure miss you guys! Next time you are down this way we have to get together.

TORI, SHAD, AND TY said...

Wow looks like a big project! Good Luck!

Chelsee Joy said...

Hey girly
Yes still alive well kinda Finals are kickin my trash AAAHHHH!!!! How are things with you? Looks like you are crazy busy with projects. in May promise im gonna be back...till then just pray for me.
chels

Team Lyon said...

Hey You Guys!!! Man we miss you guys. This backyard project looks insane, good work Arnells. I made my first trip to Oregon the other day to help deliver a car and it made me want to plan a trip to come see you guys!!! I'll let you know when and we can plan a good time for you guys, YES.
Chevy