Friday, April 25, 2008

How hard is it to put down the toilet lid?

I never really understood the concept of putting down the toilet lid - until I had a baby and everything was being thrown into the toilet. When Kylee was about 6 months old we started 'praticing' putting down the lid. 6 months later Jeremy was still struggling with this and my cell phone ended up in the toilet. After thinking of how I could teach my older kid (aka the hubby) I came up with the idea of making a chart, (or as Jeremy likes to call it...the 'nazi' chart.) I would write down everytime that Jeremy would leave the toilet seat up and IF he filled up the chart then I got a free day of shopping at Ross.

Needless to say the chart got filled up...........So I'm......GOIN SHOPPIN!!!!!

11 comments:

Amber Bradley said...

That is HILARIOUS!!! Have fun shopping! We just keep the bathroom door closed. Then we go places and then Tyson finds an interest in the toilet...Yuck!

The Bucks said...

You are so funny! I might use your idea on Brandon. I have to ask him a million times to take out the trash! We went to Ross the other day and they have awesome stuff, have fun!

Arnell Family said...

So funny! So funny! Maybe you should come up with another chart for every time Jeremy asks you where something is (when it is right in front of him!) Men! Clever idea! Enjoy your spree!

Michelle said...

Enjoy your shopping trip! You are too funny!

brittany schley said...

Poor Jeremy. I'd say you ARE a Nazi! Sheesh. And he has to put up with your snoring. Cut the poor guy a break! Haha. :)

I do like your idea though. I think I'll steal it.

Amanda said...

Ha ha!! Dang Andrea, I need to take some pointers from you! I'd probably get at least one shopping trip a month!
Mand

Karen said...

I love the creativness on how to go shopping without having a hubby place a guilt trip on you. Classic

Cordie said...

Have a fun shopping day, you crack me up!!! :)

Karen said...

I demand a picture of the cute outfit I know you got!! You are too cool Andrea.

Kami said...

That's funny! We learned really fast to put the lid down with Paden too, but he's pretty good about it. He's only dropped something in the toilet like 2 times. I keep thinking that will change, but so far so good. Hope you guys are doing great!!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Don't know if you remember me but I'm Erin's OLDER, OLDER sister, Kristen ;-) Love your blog,and love that Toilet seat chart!! I'm a bit outnumbered in my house being the only girl out our 5 BOYS!! So I totally get what you're saying...except I told my husband if no one puts the seat down then I'm hiring a house cleaner!!! The mess ugh! ;-)
www.shuzokukennerley.blogspot.com